An exciting new feature for the 2020 Expo is the 'Ask The Expert' area.
'Ask the Expert' is a dedicated area within the Expo where Visitors can sit down with experts from many different areas of business expertise for a free one-to-one 15 minute consultation.
It will let business people explore new ideas and avenues in running their businesses and give them valuable take-away advice and ideas on a wide range of business topics, including (but not limited to):
Marketing eg Websites; Apps; automated selling; ecommerce; social media; conversion; analytics; PPC; using print
Technology eg VOIP, communications equipment; business broadband
Finance eg cashflow control; procurement; raising business finance; FD input
Personal Development eg Leadership; motivation; mentors; wellness
Business Development eg exporting; recruitment/HR; leadership & management; Sales training;
How it works...
Visitors don't have to pre-book to arrange these consultations prior to the Expo, they can simply turn up on the day and explore the advice available by visiting the Exhibition Stand of the appropriate Expert (indicated in red below) and arranging a sit-down meeting with them in the 'Ask The Expert' area either immediately or later in the day(subject to availability of Expert and space available in the 'Ask The Expert' area). If visitors would like to pre-book an appointment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title 'Ask an Expert' along with the Topic and name of the Expert business and we'll put you in touch with each other prior to the expo to arrange.
Below we've listed the current Ask The Expert subject areas currently available (this list will grow in the run-up to the Expo, so please check back regularly for the latest updates)
Consult: SELZ - the Ecommerce Experts (not exhibiting but they are available to talk to at the Expo - please phone Ryan on 07792 353 227 to arrange)
Book a consultation with a Selz Ecommerce Expert to discuss everything and anything related to starting, running and growing your online store:
Embracing multi-channel retail
Making the most out of your investment in digital advertising
Achieving SEO excellence
Managing customer relationships
Automating and streamlining fulfilment and business processes
Optimising sales conversions
Gaining social proof with great reviews
All sound like a mammoth task? Ask us how we can do it all for you!
Topics: cashflow control; procurement; raising business finance; FD input; cloud accounting software and integration with other software
Consult: The Pension Solutions Group, Visit Stand F5
• Flexibility and control over your pension investments coupled with the means to boost growth in your company with our Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS). These pensions offer clear and measurable advantages for UK business owners who could save tens of thousands every year while growing a retirement fund.
• Tax-efficient ownership of commercial property and the means to better manage succession planning.
• Use existing pension funds or start a pot from scratch to help manage expansion and debt.
• Technical Consultancy - When an ‘off the shelf’ solution won’t cut the mustard, even savvy clients and professional advisers need a little help finding the ideal way to meet business-orientated objectives via smart pension arrangements. This is where we come in.
Consult: Maplebrook Wills, Visit Stand D9
Topics: Estate planning
• Lasting powers of attorney (LPAs) - their purpose and benefits
• Wills - passing on business-related assets in your will
• Trusts - using trusts to protect property and other assets
• Landlord planning for property portfolios
• What happens to your Facebook and other social media after death
• Complicated family situations: the role of trusts
• Funeral plans and your estate
Consult: Steve Ryland - The Tax Kit, Visit Stand B4
• Business Planning (Financials)
• Business Financial Planning
• Small Business Accounts and Tax
• Cashflows and budget setting
Consult: Jerry Walsingham, Honey Legal, Visit Stand G8
2 in 3 UK adults do not have a Will. Thats bonkers, especially where there are children and/or a property and/or a business involved.
Its key purpose is, when you depart, to distribute your "estate" according to your wishes, rather than the State's.
So if you do not decide where your "estate" is going, it will end up some place else! And that's seldom a happy arrangement.
In addition, if you are a director/co director of a business, there are considerations around loss of mental capacity and business continuity.
For advice on how to protect you, your family and your estate come and find me at Honey Legal.
Honey are a leading, specialist Estate Planning company who have chosen to be regulated, and are rated Excellent on Trip Advisor.
Premises – owning, leasing and more flexible terms of occupation
Company matters – acquisitions, disposals, starting up, supplier & customer contracts, e-commerce, factors to consider when expanding, long term planning, franchises
Property disputes – breach of lease, ending and renewing your lease, dilapidations claims, rights of access, restrictive covenants.
Also: For people starting a business, Frank Scott-Ashe will be available between 11am -12pm for help with looking at different business structures (sole trader, partnership, limited company and LLP), outlining the key differences between each and the benefits from a legal perspective.
Consult: Stone king LLP, Visit Stand C2
Employment Law & HR Consultancy
• contracts and terms of employment;
• disciplinary, grievance and capability procedures;
• Whistle blowing;
• Employment tribunals;
• Settlement agreements;
• equal opportunities
Information Management Law (including GDPR)
Jonathan Heskia a consultant in the Corporate & Commercial sector for Stone King LLP can consult on the following:
• Data protection compliance (including privacy notice and policy drafting)
• Data sharing and data processing agreements
• Subject access requests
• Data breach management
• Direct marketing and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations (“PECR”)
Area of Expertise: Personal Development
Consult: The Practical Consultancy, Visit Stand B4